- Updated the Fall Enrollment survey for 4-year degree-granting institutions to reflect changes for the 2018-2019 collection period.
- Removed all nonfunctional hyperlinks from the survey forms to avoid confusion.
- In the Data Manager, the Fill Survey With This Data button has been renamed to Fill Survey to fit better on smaller screens.
- On the 12-Month Enrollment survey, the Graduate student FTE was being calculated incorrectly.
- Column header and line number text was wrapping incorrectly in various locations on the forms.
- The Scroll to Section dropdown that appeared at the top of the survey form in tablet view was not remaining pinned to the top.
- The Completions survey incorrectly allowed annotations to be added to the award title.
- On the 12-Month Enrollment survey, the Graduate student FTE was being calculated incorrectly.
- Resolved several issues with the Completions survey:
- Upon loading, the last record in the CIP data was showing first. Moving right and then left re-sorted the records correctly.
- When validating data, IRIS was not checking to make sure the CIP codes were valid.
- When the description of the CIP code was not available, the line was removed rather than showing as "unknown".
- The award level and major identification were not shown consistently, depending on the presence or absence of historical data.
- When validating the import file for the Institutional Characteristics survey, an error was sometimes incorrectly being shown when the Part D question #3 "Does your institution offer institutionally-controlled housing" (field DA08) was set to No and the specified housing capacity (field DA09) was set to N/A due to the validator checking against the application fee field instead of the housing field.
- On the 12-month enrollment survey, the survey form was not showing any data if historical data was unavailable.
- Updated/verified the text of all survey forms for the 2018-2019 collection period.
- Added data validation rules to support calendar year 2018-2019 surveys.
- The Surveys screen now supports accessing surveys from prior years.
- Added a filter for IPEDS calendar year to the Survey Selections screen.
- Improved screen reader support for modal dialogs for screen readers that support ARIA 1.1 features.
- Survey cells that have more than 20% variance now have a thick blue border in addition to yellow highlighting.
- Improved the layout of the overall user interface for narrow screen widths (tablets).
- Removed the unnecessary version number from the survey names and replaced it with the calendar year.
- Dropdowns throughout the application did not programmatically identify their labels or current values to screen reader users.
- When creating or editing a task, the Visible to Everyone, Assigned To, Survey, Due On, and Description fields were not programmatically associated with their labels for screen reader support.
- When editing a user, the First Name, Last Name, and Email Address fields were not programmatically associated with their labels for screen reader support.
- On the Survey Selections screen, the checkboxes used to enable or disable a survey were not programmatically associated with their labels. Screen reader users will now hear the name of the survey they are enabling or disabling.
- In the Survey Tasks section to the right of the survey form, the checkboxes were not programmatically associated with their corresponding task names for screen reader support.
- The main menu is now included in the tab order and is accessible using the keyboard.
- When a user types invalid information into a form field, screen reader users are now informed of the bad data or error message.
- When attempting to submit a form that has invalid data in it, focus now moves into the field that has the problem to make it easy to correct.
- All dialog titles now use appropriate heading levels to better support screen reader users.
- The Log Out button is now accessible using the keyboard.
- When assigning users to a survey, selecting the "Add a Reviewer/Approver/Submitter" links now moves focus into the user search field.
- Made several improvements to the handling of focus during the user creation process to better support keyboard navigation.
- Darkened placeholder text for input fields throughout IRIS to meet minimum contrast requirements.
- On the Survey Selections screen in the Admin area, administrators can now filter the list of all available surveys based on various institutional criteria.
- Added a list of sections to the survey form so users can quickly jump from the top of the survey to the desired section.Surveys that have been started or restarted after the end of the collection period now show a status notification at the top of the survey.
- If needed, surveys can now be restarted after the end of the reporting period.
- Surveys that have been started or restarted after the end of the collection period show a status notification at the top of the survey.
- When viewing a task from the Task Manager, there is now a link back to the survey from the Task Detail page.
- Updated the styling of the Yes/No buttons on the Delete Task dialog for consistency with the rest of the application.
- Admins can now edit users' email addresses after the user has been created.
- When creating a new user, the activation email sent to the user's email address is now valid for 30 minutes instead of 5.
- Users who have been disabled by an admin can no longer be assigned to new survey roles or tasks.
- Removed the unnecessary "Back to [Survey] Dashboard" button from the survey form, data manager, and task manager screens since clicking on the survey name, Survey Home button, or breadcrumb trail also returns to the home page.
- When viewing the survey form, data manager, or task manager of a survey, the button that returns to the survey landing page is now called "Survey Home" instead of "Survey" to avoid confusion.
- Hovering over a task in the Task Manager now highlights that task.
- The "Tasks" page within each survey has been renamed to "Task Manager" for consistency.
- Improved the layout of the survey form for narrow screen widths (tablets).
- After creating a new user, focus now moves automatically to the Send Activation Email button to make it easier to finalize the user creation process.
- Changed the "Use Data" button in the Data Manager to "Fill Survey With This Data" to make its purpose clearer.
- Redesigned the error page shown when viewing errors for an invalidated import file to make it easier to see the identified issues and to improve accessibility.
- On the Surveys dashboard, tabbing out of the Fall/Winter/Spring dropdown changed its value to the next quarter in the list.
- In the Data Manager, screen reader users were hearing a second, nonfunctional Upload Data button when listening to the page.
- The confirmation dialogs shown when transitioning surveys from one status to another did not move focus into the dialog when it opened or return focus to the button when the dialog closed.
- On the Task Manager and Task Detail screens, the check boxes used to mark a task as complete did not inform screen reader users of their purpose.
- On the Users screen in the Admin area, screen reader users heard "edit" when tabbing through the list of users instead of the name and details of each user.
- When assigning users to a survey, the Role dropdown required users to press the arrow keys twice to move up or down in the list.
- The Quarter dropdown on the Surveys screen required two keypresses to change the selected value.
- For surveys that did not yet have data filled in to the survey, the focus indicator was not visible when tabbing through the survey form.
- When creating a task, the placeholder text for the due date field did not have sufficient contrast with the white background.
- Active surveys were not visible to users other than the survey owner once the reporting period had ended.
- The breadcrumb trail contained an unnecessary link to the current page.
- Resolved an issue where active surveys were no longer visible to users other than the survey owner after the end of the reporting period.
- The Users and Survey Selections cards in the Administration section now identify themselves correctly to screen readers.
- The Log In button is now included in the the tab order and is identified as a button to screen readers.
- The Username and Password fields on the login screen now have visible labels and correctly identify their purpose to screen readers.
- Added the lang attribute to the login screen so that screen readers will know that the page is in English.
- When selecting a button that opens a new window in order to perform a task, focus is now placed into the first field of the new window so that users do not have to navigate through the entire page to get to the form section.
- Dialogs are now identified with role="dialog" and all dialog titles use the <h1> tag, providing better support for screen readers.
- The top-level heading on every page is now identified correctly with the <h1> tag, providing better support for screen readers.
- Added ARIA landmarks to various areas throughout IRIS to improve support for screen readers.
- In the Data Manager, invalidated files now have a Show Errors button that allows users to open the View Records dialog using the keyboard.
- The various survey cards now communicate their titles to screen reader users.
- The pop-up calendar used to enter date ranges in the Task Manager now supports access for screen readers and keyboard-only users.
- Increased the contrast between the text and background colors in many locations throughout IRIS to meet WCAG 2.0 requirements.
- When assigning a survey owner from the Survey Selections screen, the user drop-down has been replaced by a search box to better support large numbers of users in the system.
- Moved the Send Activation Email button on the Edit User screen to the bottom of the dialog to make it more easily noticeable.
- IRIS now supports completion of surveys for reporting periods prior to the IRIS implementation date so that institutions can correct or re-submit data if needed.
- Improved the user interface of the Data Manager to make it easier to view errors for invalidated files.
- Improved the Add/Remove Users screen to make it easier to see which roles still need to be assigned for the survey.
- When a user is assigned multiple roles for a survey, their initials will now only show up once on the dashboard and survey pages, instead of once for each role.
- Added a button to the Survey Options dialog to remove the selected survey owner from the survey.
- On the login screen, two different elements used the id "kc-form-options", violating HTML standards and WCAG 2.0 requirement 4.1.1 Parsing.
- Corrected the alt text for the Evisions logo on the login screen to say "Evisions".
- On the survey form, focus was not moving into the Annotations pop-ups after opening them, making it difficult for screen reader users to find the windows.
- The Upload Data button in the Data Manager was not accessible using the keyboard.
- On the Survey Selections screen in the Admin section, the Assign Owner links did not show a visible focus indicator when focused.
- The link to "Download IPEDS File" did not show a visible focus indicator when focused.
- Users were being logged out after a few minutes of inactivity, instead of the correct timeout of one hour.
- For Finance surveys, the data validation was incorrectly requiring the FY_BEGIN_YEAR field to contain the current year.
- In the import files for Fall Enrollment, Human Resources, Finance, and Graduation Rates, certain fields were being right justified instead of left per the specification.
- When validating an import file, IRIS did not check to ensure that fields required to be right-justified included the necessary padding with zeros or spaces.
- Some email notifications were addressing the task creator instead of the email recipient in the text of the email.
- The data from the Admissions import file was being mapped to the wrong fields in the Admissions Considerations section of the survey.
- Removing a due date filter in the Task Manager did not update the list of tasks.
- Entering a task name longer than 255 characters was resulting in the message "An unexpected server error occurred". The error message now correctly identifies the the problem.
- Changing the completed/uncompleted status of a task on the Task Manager screen caused the task to no longer be associated with a survey.
- When editing a task, clearing the Due On field did not remove the due date from the task.
- After renaming a task from the Task Details screen, completing or uncompleting the task would revert the name back to its previous value.
- Tasks created by users with Yahoo or Gmail email addresses were not sending email notifications to the users assigned to the task.
- Attempting to filter tasks by survey in the Task Manager did not return any results.
- When creating a task from the Survey screen, the Task Name field did not inform users that the field was required.
- When attempting to create a new user with an email address that was already in use, the user creation failed but no error message was displayed.